Welcome to ABCJLM! We are so glad you have taken the time to stop by.
God has given each of us a huge responsibility to train the precious children in our lives. With God's help, my husband and I desire to mold our children to be lights in this dark world. We believe it is our responsibility to instill biblical principles and Christian values into their hearts as well as provide them with a solid academic foundation so that they can grow. Thus, the creation of this curriculum.
What is ABC Jesus Loves Me?
ABCJesusLovesMe.com was created for moms, teachers, grandparents, and people just like you who desire to give the children in their lives an academic and biblical foundation for preschool. Through the four preschool curriculum and support ideas available on this website, you will have the ability to do just that.
Four curriculum - 2 Year Curriculum, 3 Year Curriculum, 4 Year Curriculum, and 5 Year Curriculum - are the foundation of the ABCJesusLovesMe site. All other pages and links on the site support the curriculum and the parent or teacher leading the curriculum. You will find ideas to help with teaching, academic and Bible time, craft ideas, holidays, academic concepts, working on motor skills, and so much more.
As the ABCJLM website has grown, businesses and churches have asked to use the curriculum. If you are a teacher or with a preschool, church, daycare, or other business and organization, please click to read the "Using ABCJLM in a School or Business" page as Licenses are required to use our website.
To Get Started:
Because the ABCJLM website contains so much information, you may feel overwhelmed at first. But don't worry; you are not alone. I, along with thousands of other friendsthrough out groups and forums, are here to guide you on this journey!
All curriculum sets are built around a 36-week time frame beginning the end of August and ending the first of May to match Bible themes and review weeks with the various holidays. But, the curriculum is flexible enough to begin whenever it is convenient for you. Each of the lesson plans are available on the website to view and print. There is nothing to download.
To help you get started, follow the list below.
1. View Introductory Video - Double-click on the video to enlarge the screen size.
2. View the FAQ Video
3. Gather support and gain friends!
- Join the ABCJLM Forum and ABC Jesus Loves Me Facebook Group.
These are places to find encouragement, gather information, and ask questions about ABCJLM, parenting, teaching, Christian life, and so much more. Talk to others who are using the curriculum in their homes, churches, preschools, and groups.
- Follow or subscribe to our sister blog - Our Out-of-Sync Life.
The "Our Out-of-Sync Life" blog focuses on encouraging women in all walks of life while providing practical tips, recipes, honest recommendations, ABCJLM updates, and product reviews. Several options are available to allow you to follow our blog. Also, a blog feed is posted at the bottom of the ABCJLM homepage.
5. Which Curriculum Do I Choose?
See a break down of each curriculum and a table to help you figure out which curriculum to use with your child.
6. Objective Pre-Checklist
Use these checklists to help you determine what your child knows. You may find the pre-checklists to be helpful in deciding which curriculum to begin.
• Always check the category "What's New" on the homepage to find out what has been added or updated on the site.
• Each lesson plan contains items needed, objectives, and suggested activities. All supplies on the curriculum may be substituted for something that you have available. All suggested activities may be substituted with other material. Pick and choose what ideas and objectives work for your family and situation.
• Please understand that no suggested product is perfect. Nor is it the perfect item for every family. I have been honest on every product review, but please research for yourself before making a decision. Also, in the books that I recommend, I have never found a book that I agree with 100% of the content. If I suggest the book, it means that over 90% of the information or story was very beneficial for our family.
• Many users prefer not to spend the time and expense to print off all of the Weekly Lesson Plans and printables. With 250-440 pages of lesson plans and worksheets per curriculum, many families choose to order the Curriculum and Workbooks in Book Form to save the time and money it takes to print and organize the curriculum and worksheets themselves.
• Want to start the curriculum mid year? Read suggestions on how to do this.
• FAQ - See answers to questions that I often receive.
• Each of the curriculum contain examples of how to organize the weekly lesson plans into daily activities. View these on the Scheduling a Lesson Plan into a Week page.
• Review lessons a couple of weeks ahead of time to give yourself ample amount of time to gather the materials. Each lesson contains a list of supplement items and ideas that coordinate with the themes of the lesson. These may be items that you wish to reserve at your library or purchase from Amazon or Christianbook.com.
• All of the articles on this website are able to be printed or emailed by clicking on the little icons on the top right corner of the article.
• A highlight of my day is reading notes from you! Whether it is a question, idea, concern, or just saying that you enjoy the website, I so appreciate you taking the time. Also, please let me know when a link doesn't work or you have an idea. Emails like these are vital to this website and I am blessed by them. Send me a note...
We are thrilled to have you join the ABCJLM family! Let us know how we can help you!