Week 36 – Review
Books: Franklin Goes to School, The Kissing Hand
Worksheets: Full Name, Phone Number & Address, choose the letters or numbers that need review, My Color Book
Activities: Toy phone, Wordless Book colors, tying shoelaces, Parquetry Block Super Set, paint
Character Traits: Joyful, Faith & Trust - review meaning
Bible Story: Wordless Book
- Full Name
- Phone number
- How to dial the phone and correctly answer it
- 4 Seasons
- 5 Senses
Books of the Bible: Matthew - Revelations
• Have your child tell another child or adult (other than yourself) the story of the Wordless Book.
• Review calling 911 on a pretend phone. Have your child tell the "operator" her full name, address, and phone number. Conduct a family fire drill to review the meeting place and how to get out of the house.
• Review tying shoelaces.
• Review your child’s favorite activities.
• Create your own "My Color Book" using the blank template.
• Review any concepts from past the 36 weeks in which your child is still struggling.
• Create a hand and foot print - compare with the one created at the beginning of the curriculum.
• May Day - For many years there has been a tradition of celebrating spring on May 1st or May Day. One of the most popularly known May Day traditions is to hang a basket full of spring flowers and/or other small gifts on a neighbor's doorknob. The goal is for you to knock and leave without your neighbor seeing you.
• Fine Motor Skills:
Using a blank piece of paper, have your child draw their family and correctly write the letters "My Family" on the paper. Your child should have done this activity periodically throughout the curriculum. Comparing the pictures, the drawing should have become more detailed with time.
• Gross Motor Skills:
Do a Memory Obstacle Course using the Wordless Book colors.
• Visual Perception Skill:
Block to Block