Worksheets: Cow, Queen, Star
Books: Bible, Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
Activities: Play dough, sorting toy, orange paint, cotton swabs, orange food coloring, macaroni, glue, white piece of paper, vinegar, zip-top bag
Bible Symbol: Queen
Bible Story: Esther
Scripture: Esther 1-10
The Beginner's Bible for Toddlers: pg 56-61
Through the Bible in Felt: Story #91-92
Bible Song: If You're Happy and You Know It (Traditional)
If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands (clap, clap) (Repeat 2x)
If you’re happy and you know it then your life will really show it
If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands (clap, clap)
…stomp your feet…
…do all three…
Character Scripture: Courage
Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV) - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Poem: Pat-a-Cake (Traditional)
Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man.
Bake me a cake as fast as you can;
Roll it, pat it, and mark it with a B,
Put it in the oven for baby and me
Change the "B" to the first letter of the child's name and the word "baby" to the child's name.
Taking Care of Me: Where are my shoes?
Sign Language: Daddy - Spread your fingers apart and with your thumb tap your forehead
Book of the Week:
Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss
Fine Motor Skill: Sorting Toy
Gross Motor Skill: Hide and Seek
• Bible Story Activities:
- ABC Book: Place a few macaroni noodles in a zip-top plastic bag. Add couple of drops of vinegar and 4-5 drops of orange food coloring. Mix to distribute the color. Open the top of the bag and let dry. Using the Queen worksheet, place a thin layer of glue on the paper. Add the colored macaroni to create an orange crown.
• Color Activities:
Handprint Wall - Add an orange handprint to your color wall by painting the child's hand and stamping it onto a piece of paper. Write the name of the color on the handprint. Display it at the child's level to point and discuss the colors.
• Shape Activities:
Play Dough Shapes - Roll orange play dough into snakes and lay on the Star worksheet to form a star. Allow the child to play with the star as you discuss the shape.
• Animal Activities:
- Drop a few dots of orange paint on the Cow worksheet. Let the child spread the paint with a cotton swabs.
- Find pictures of cows in the books that you read.
- A cow says "moo."
- Crawl on the floor and moo like a cow.
• Book of the Week Ideas:
- Have the child echo your sounds.
- Point to orange objects in the illustrations.
- Point to the cow in the illustrations.
• Fine Motor Skill:
Sorting Toy - As you play with the sorting toy, talk about the different colors and shapes. To teach the child how the sorting toy works, hold the blocks above the correct slots and allow the child to push the block down. Always allow the child as much opportunity to do the activity by themselves as possible.
• Gross Motor Skill:
Play Hide and Seek. Take turns hiding and seeking.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.