Welcome to the 5 Year Curriculum! We are happy to have you join us. For starters, be sure to view the Tutorial Video on the hompage. This will help you navigate the website, Lesson Plans, and learn how to order books and Licenses. It will also explain how to get connected with other families and teachers using the ABCJLM Curriculum.
In the 5 Year Curriculum the child will...
• know several Bible stories, Memory Verses, and Songs which the child can recall when prompted
• be able to say the names of the books in the Old Testament
• know the name of each letter in the alphabet - lowercase and uppercase
• know the phonetic sound of all letters and words that begin with the letter
• be able to correctly write the lower and uppercase letters of the alphabet
• know by name and be able to correctly write and group the numbers 0-40
• be able to count backwards from 10-0 and count by 10's to 100
• be able to identify various colors and shapes
• be able to demonstrate spatial concepts, sorting, sequencing, and patterns
• be able to name the daily weather as well as appropriate clothing needed for the day's weather
• be able write both their first and last name using a capital letter for the first letter of their name
• be able say their full name, address, and phone number
• be introduced to coins, the clock, and addition
• be able to classify animals and plants along with modes of transportation
• age-appropriately be able to handle emergency situations
• identify community helpers and the roles they play in the child's life
• be introduced to his/her place in the world by looking at maps and by studying his/her state and country
• be able to say the Pledge of Allegiance
• begin to experiment with weight of various objects
• be able to classify items as living or non-living
• be able to name various holidays and explain the central theme of each
• be able to help with basic chores around the home
• be able to take care of basic hygiene and personal needs
• be able to politely answer the phone and call 911
• be able to name the five senses and give examples of each
• be able to name and explain the parts of a book as well as what is needed to put a book together
• be able to read 28 sight words
• be introduced to many books
• increase in fine and gross motor skills along with visual perception skills
The 5 Year Curriculum is comprised of 36 Lesson Plans. Each Lesson Plan is divided into three sections:
1. Items Needed (suggested supplies)
2. Objectives (the learning that you will introduce to the child)
3. Suggested Activities (age-appropriate ways to introduce the learning)
The Lesson Plans are designed to be a guide, so choose the objectives and activities which are best for your situation.
A fourth section - Daily Schedules - help make the learning part of daily activities and play by breaking the weekly Lesson Plans into activities to be covered over four days. The Daily Schedules are only available in the purchased Lesson Plans book.
Holiday Activities can be found after Week 36 or at the bottom of the blue "ONLINE LESSONS PLANS" drop-down box in the right-handle column or below. Incorporate these activities whenever appropriate.
So what are you waiting for? It's time to jump in, have fun, and be intentional! Use the green button below to move to the Week 1 Lesson!
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.