- Make Valentine's Day Cards using markers, glue, scissors, etc. Use this activity to review shapes, colors, and have your child practice writing his name.
- Let your child practice writing their name on the Valentine's.
- Make a Paper Heart Chain
(This activity will require an adult to align the papers but the child can help cut and staple.) Cut a piece of paper in half creating two 11"x4 1/4" pieces. Cut eleven 1" strips of colored paper measuring 4 1/4" long. Lay two stripes together and staple at the bottom. Fold the unstapled ends down and around to form a heart. Lay another strip on each side of the bended stripes. Align and staple the four-layer end. Fold the unstapled ends to form a second heart. Continue the process to form a chain of hearts. (Sometimes construction paper is too stiff to bend. You may also use felt.)
- Give yourself plenty of time to write on Valentines. Depending on how many Valentines that you need to make, the activity may need to be broken into several different time periods.
- Make a card, framed art, or poster using handprints or thumb finger prints. Add a poem or verse and give away!
- Make heart shapes cookies to give away. Draw a cross on them with frosting and tell others how God's love is the ultimate example.
- Make Kiss Cookies - a peanut butter cookie with a candy kiss on top - allow your child to unwrap the kisses (great fine motor activity) and put them on after baking the cookies
- Do a lesson on Jesus Loves Me
- Make a Heart Boy or Girl using the Heart Template. Click here for directions.
- Tissue Paper Heart
- Valentine's Bag
- Heart Pancakes - Serve heart pancakes for breakfast or supper. Our kiddos love them! After pouring on the batter, use a utensil to spread out the heart shape.
- Place a blowpop sucker on a Valentine that says "_____, you blow me away!"
- Valentine Poem - (Author Unknown)
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Here is a sweet treat
From us(me) to you!
- Make Heart-Shapes Cupcakes - Place cupcake holders in a muffin tin. Then either place a marble or a wadded circle of aluminum foil between the cupcake liners and the muffin pan. Adorable heart shapes created! (Image from FamilyFun)
On the Web:
Little Blots - Owl Valentine made of various heart shapes
Print off Valentine Treat Bags template or blank template to make cute little gift bags
Valentine Mailbox - If your child needs a Valentine's Mailbox, this is a simple and cute idea from Quirky Momma - made from an unfinished tissue box.
Valentine Tree and Valentine Snowflakes
DLTK Valentine's Day - crafts, recipes, color pages, etc.
Christian Preschool Printables - Valentine's Day and showing God's love
Enchanted Learning Ideas
Activity Village - free printables
First School - free printables and crafts