Shape activities are used in the 2 Year Curriculum to aid in the learning of shapes as well as aid in fine motor skills through craft activities.
Although this is a work in progress, each color page will soon contain:
- Shape Posters - Solid and Dotted Lines
- ABCJLM Ideas
- Books that correspond with the shape
- Snacks and Food Ideas
- Links to other ideas on the web for the specific shape
Computer Activites for all shapes:
Fischer-Price Shapes and Colors
Learn Colors and Shapes - For toddlers
Purpy's Shapes - This computer game is more advanced but very good for preschoolers.
Ideas to Teach Shapes:
• Cut toast or pancake into various shapes.
• Use various crackers at snack time to review shapes.
• Using Play Doh or cookie dough, cut various shapes using shape cookie cutters or a knife.
• Find shapes in everyday objects. Examples to include in your conversations - "Please open the rectangular door" or "What shape is this orange?"
• Draw ¾ of a shape and have the child finish the shape.