If you are a mom looking for a preschool curriculum to use with your child, this curriculum was created just for you!
A few years ago, I found myself in your position. Attending a preschool was not an option for our family due to various factors. This meant that preparing our children for Kindergarten rested in my hands. I desired to give our children a solid foundation in academic concepts while providing them with an understanding of God's love and the Bible. In actuality, ABC Jesus Love Me was born out of a desperation for a preschool curriculum that would help me be intentional.
If you desire to use any ideas on this website with a child for whom you are not the legal guardian or if you are in a church, preschool, daycare, or other business situations, please click to read the Using ABCJLM in a School or Business page.
My Prayer for You:
My prayer is that the ABCJLM curriculum will help you be intentional in your child's learning and play. Weekly lesson plans include the preschool standards along with other academic, social, and biblical learning. These plans are not meant to dictate your day or cause you to spend hours planning. And, I don't expect families to do all of the objectives or suggested activities. Instead, I hope that you with focus on the objectives that are important to you and your individual child. With these objectives in mind, add the learning to bath time, car travels, play activities, crafts, and reading.
The preschool years go by so quickly. While it is important to prepare your child for Kindergarten and establish a academic and biblical foundation, it is so important that your preschooler be allowed to be a child. No other time in his life will he be allowed and encouraged to play. And when fun dictates learning, your child will never know the difference.
The ABCJLM website consists of four preschool curriculum for ages two to five years old as well as supplemental pages containing ideas about crafts, holidays, discipline, to name a few. All curriculum sets are built around a 36-week time frame beginning the end of August and ending the first of May to match Bible themes and review weeks with the various holidays. But, the curriculum is flexible enough to begin whenever it is convenient for you.
To help you begin, I have created a check-off list to help you navigate the site.
- View the "Introduction to ABCJLM" video. Double click on the image to enlarge the video screen size.
- View the "FAQ" video. Double click on the image to inlarge the video screen size.
- Getting Started
Here you will find out exactly how to use ABCJLM in your home with example schedules and teaching ideas as well as a Blogroll to view how others are using the curriculum.
- Which Curriculum Do I Choose?
See a break down of each curriculum and a table to help you figure out which curriculum to use with your child.
- Obective Pre-Checklist
Use these checklists to help you determine what your child knows. You may find the pre-checklists to be helpful in deciding which curriculum to begin.
- Don't want to take the time and spend the printing cost to print off all of the Weekly Lesson Plans and printable? I don't blame you. Many families choose to order the Curriculum and Workbooks in Book Form to save the time and money it takes to print and organize the curriculum and worksheets.
- Join the ABCJLM Forum and ABC Jesus Loves Me Facebook Group.
These are places to find encouragement, gather information, and ask questions about ABCJLM, parenting, teaching, Christian life, and so much more. Talk to others who are using the curriculum in their homes, churches, preschools, and groups.
- Follow or subscribe to our sister blog - Our Out-of-Sync Life.
The "Our Out-of-Sync Life" blog focuses on encouraging women in all walks of life while providing suggestions and updates, hosting giveaways, and provide reviews . Several options are available to follow this blog. Also, see the blog feed posted at the bottom of the ABCJLM homepage.
- A few pointers:
- Always check the category "What's New" on the homepage to find out what has been added or changed on the site.
- Each of the curriculum are available in full form on the website. You can see each curriculum's Weekly Lesson Plans under the individual age tabs at the top of this page.
- Review lessons a couple of weeks ahead of time to give yourself ample amount of time to gather the materials. Each lesson contains a list of supplement items and ideas that coordinate with the themes of the lesson. These may be items that you wish to reserve at your library or purchase from Amazon or Christianbook.com.
- All of the articles on this website are able to be printed or emailed by clicking on the little icons on the top right corner of the article.
- To find a particular item on the website, please use the "search" feature at the top-right of this page.
- Tell your friends!
The greatest compliment that you can give us it to share this website and our blog with your family and friends. We love and appreciate it when you link to us, share on Pinterest, or add a button on your website. To link to the entire site, please us the www.ABCJesusLovesMe.com address. Do not copy any content - large or small - from this site without written permission. You are always welcome to link to this site or a specific post. Do not link directly to a pdf file but instead to the page on which the pdf is linked to.
- Still have Questions?
FAQ page - See answers to questions that I often receive. Out of respect for our family time, please ask all non-personal questions on the ABC Jesus Loves Me Facebook Group or ABCJLM Forum. This allows others to learn as well!
And because I have to share with you...
We are excited to have you join us on this journey of training God's precious children! I pray that the ABCJLM website and curriculum will help you be intentional in the training of the little blessings in your life. God bless you in this endeavor.