In education, teachers use pretests to determine what objectives need to be taught and posttests to evaluate whether the concepts were learned. Below are assessment checklists that can be used to determine what your child knows. All are based upon the curriculum's academic objectives.
- Use as a precursor to learning or as a checklist to determine the level of academic learning that has occurred.
- Do not approach these as a test or call them a test. Strictly use these for your benefit to know what areas of learning still need to be addressed.
- It may be best to complete this chart over several small units of time instead of in one sitting. Take your child's lead.
- On the 5 Year Curriculum, it may be helpful to use some coins and manipulatives to assess understanding.
- These worksheets are best printed in color. Ask the child the name of the shape as well as its color. They are also available to order in the Curriculum Workbooks.