- Finger Play Actions:
Number - show the number of ducks on your fingers
Over the hills - move hand in front of you like you are going up and down over hills
Far away - move opposite hand in front of you in same motion
Quack - move hand like a duck's beak saying "quack"
- Print, color and cut apart the Five Little Ducks printable. Back each duck with sticky tape and post. Sing the song or read the book and have the child remove one duck for each verse (begin with Duck #5). To make the activity more difficult, scramble the ducks so that the numbers are not in order.
- After reading the book several times, sing the song doing the actions by memory.
- As the book progresses, sing each verse in a "more sad" voice.
- Talk about the feeling of "sadness." Show a "sad" face. Talk about things that make us sad just like the Mommy Duck in the story.
- Practice counting backwards from 5 to 1 using your fingers to create a great fine motor skill activity.
- Visit a local pond and feed the ducks.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
ABCJesusLovesMe is an educational ministry that equips adults with the materials needed to be intentional in educating children. To do this, ABCJesusLovesMe designed five comprehensive, research-based curricula for ages 1-5 that focus on academics, development, and Bible learning through play. Additionally, a Sunday School curriculum, unit studies, digital downloads, and the Be Intentional Planner accompany the core curricula. These materials are sufficient on their own, but the heart of ABCJesusLovesMe is to offer guidance, support, and direction to make your educational efforts at home, preschool, or church successful.
© 2020 ABCJesusLovesMe • All Rights Reserved • Arkansas Design