- Ananias and Sapphira Coloring Page - Ananias and Sapphira
- Teaching True vs. Not True - Great family activities from Value Parenting (reprinted with permission)
Ask, "Do you know the difference between something that's true and something that's not true? Let's see if you do. I'll say something and you say, 'True' or 'Not true.'" Start with simple physical facts and move toward things relating to behavior, for example:
- The sky is green. (Kids say, "Not true.")
- (Point at foot) This is my foot. (Kids say, "True.")
- Ants are bigger than elephants.
- We see with our eyes.
- We hear with our nose.
- Milk comes from chickens.
- Take a cookie out of a jar and eat it. Then say, "I didn't eat the cookie."
- Drop a toy on the couch. Then say, "Yes, I left my toy on the couch."
Then say, "You really can tell the difference between true and not true, can't you? Do you know what it's called when someone says something that's not true? It's called a lie."
Now: "I'll say some more things and you say, 'Truth' if it's true and 'Lie' if it's not true."
- Pick up a dollar on the floor. Then say, "I didn't find a dollar."
- Give a bit of food to someone else. Then say, "No, I didn't eat all my food. I gave some of it to ______."
(Use more illustrations appropriate to your child or children.)
Then ask, "Why is telling the truth better than telling a lie?" (So that everyone knows what really happened; so the wrong person won't get blamed; so we can learn to do better, etc.)