- Cut dollar signs out of ads and magazines. This is a great activity to teach older children what this sign ($) means.
- Glue pictures of dominoes or draw ones on the Dd Poster.
- Cut out and glue diamond shapes on the Dd Poster.
- Paint dots on the Dd Poster.
- Use a hole punch and cut out dots.
- Use a magazine to cut out items that begin with the letter Dd. Glue the pictures on the Dd Poster.
- Collect items for "My D Box" - Idea from My First Steps to Reading books
My "D" Book - by Jane Belk Moncure - Be sure to use the phonetic sound of the letter and not just the letter name when reading the book. When we come to a letter, I have my child read the phonetic sound of each letter.
Five Little Ducks
Duck on a Bike
Harry, the Dirty Dog
How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten?
Go Dog, Go!
- Diamond shaped crackers
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
ABCJesusLovesMe is an educational ministry that equips adults with the materials needed to be intentional in educating children. To do this, ABCJesusLovesMe designed five comprehensive, research-based curricula for ages 1-5 that focus on academics, development, and Bible learning through play. Additionally, a Sunday School curriculum, unit studies, digital downloads, and the Be Intentional Planner accompany the core curricula. These materials are sufficient on their own, but the heart of ABCJesusLovesMe is to offer guidance, support, and direction to make your educational efforts at home, preschool, or church successful.
© 2020 ABCJesusLovesMe • All Rights Reserved • Arkansas Design