- Wash eggshells and allow to dry. Break into small pieces and glue on the Ee Poster. May want to place the eggshells in a water and food coloring mixture to make them colorful.
- Find and cut out e's from newspaper or magazines. This is a great activity as different fonts make the same letter appear different.
- Glue or put on pictures/stickers of elephants on the Ee Poster.
- Glue googly eyes on the Ee Poster.
- Color the pattern with a pencil and then erase.
- Glue on various things that God has given us on earth.
- Eyedropper painting
Needed: an eyedropper (medicine dropper will work as well), paint (may need to add a little water to thin the paint)
Teach the child how to use the eyedropper to pick up the paint and drop it on the paper.
My "E" Book - by Jane Belk Moncure - Be sure to use the phonetic sound of the letter and not the letter name when reading the book. When we come to a letter, I have my child read the phonetic sound of each letter.
Sheep in a Jeep - The "long e" sound
The Little Engine That Could
Red Red Red - The "short e" sound