- Use a square sponge to make ice cubes and an igloo on the Ii Poster.
- Decorate the Ii Poster with pictures of various instruments or insects.
- Color with an ink pen.
- Painting with Ice - Print the Ii Poster on Watercolor Paper, color using watercolor pencils. Give your child an ice cube to rub it on top of the color sheet to create a blending effect (Idea from Storytime and More)
- Collect items for "My I Box" - Idea from My First Steps to Reading books
- Use sugar cubes to create an igloo.
My " I " Book - by Jane Belk Moncure - Be sure to use the phonetic sound of the letter and not just the letter name when reading the book. When we come to a letter, I have my child read the phonetic sound of each letter.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - Focus on the "short i" sound
The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear - Any book using the word "little" or "big" to focus on the "short i" sound.
Ten Little Fish - Focus on the "short i" sound
The Little Red Hen - Focus on the "short i" sound
- Ice cream
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
ABCJesusLovesMe is an educational ministry that equips adults with the materials needed to be intentional in educating children. To do this, ABCJesusLovesMe designed five comprehensive, research-based curricula for ages 1-5 that focus on academics, development, and Bible learning through play. Additionally, a Sunday School curriculum, unit studies, digital downloads, and the Be Intentional Planner accompany the core curricula. These materials are sufficient on their own, but the heart of ABCJesusLovesMe is to offer guidance, support, and direction to make your educational efforts at home, preschool, or church successful.
© 2020 ABCJesusLovesMe • All Rights Reserved • Arkansas Design