Learning colors is often considered one of the first academic tasks that a child discovers. Below are activities and ideas to help the child learn the color orange.
- Paint or color the Oo Poster orange .
- Glue orange pom poms on the Oo Poster. If you have an assortment of pom pom colors, the activity of picking out only the orange pom poms becomes a great fine motor and visual perception/sorting activity.
Tune: Ten Little Indians
Orange like a jack-o-latern.
My Orange Book - The "My Color Books" each contain a title, a place for the child to declare authorship (write their name), four sentences and pictures to match, and the words "The End." All of the sentences follow the "A/An/The ______ is _______." The pictures guide the child in reading the book. The books are created so that you can print them front and back and have six total pages per book. These books are specifically used at the end of the 4 Year Curriculum.
- Oranges, orange juice, orange slices (candy)
- Sweet Potatoes, chicken nuggets
- Butterscotch cookies, Bird Nest Cookies
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Orange Items - Good for learning how to use a mouse.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
ABCJesusLovesMe is an educational ministry that equips adults with the materials needed to be intentional in educating children. To do this, ABCJesusLovesMe designed five comprehensive, research-based curricula for ages 1-5 that focus on academics, development, and Bible learning through play. Additionally, a Sunday School curriculum, unit studies, digital downloads, and the Be Intentional Planner accompany the core curricula. These materials are sufficient on their own, but the heart of ABCJesusLovesMe is to offer guidance, support, and direction to make your educational efforts at home, preschool, or church successful.
© 2020 ABCJesusLovesMe • All Rights Reserved • Arkansas Design