Worksheets: Cat, Infant, Color Train
Books: Bible, Three Little Kittens
Activities: Washable black marker, coffee filter, spray bottle, jumbo paintbrush, play dough, happy/sad face, glue, yellow yarn, water
Bible Symbol: Infant
Bible Story: Jesus is Born
Scripture: Luke 2:1-7
The Beginner's Bible for Toddlers: pg 82-87
Through the Bible in Felt: Story #97
Bible Song: Away in a Manger (Traditional)
Away in a manger
No crib for a bed
The little Lord Jesus
Laid down His sweet head
The stars in the sky
Looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay
Character Scripture: Servanthood
Ephesians 6:7-8 (NIV) - Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.
Poem: Mary Had a Little Lamb (Traditional)
Mary had a little lamb
Little lamb, little lamb
Mary had a little lamb
Its fleece was white as snow.
Taking Care of Me: Where are my toes?
Sign Language: Water - extend your index, middle, and ring finger to form a "w," tap your chin with your index finger
Book of the Week:
Three Little Kittens by Various Authors
Fine Motor: Play Dough
Gross Motor: March
• Bible Story Activities:
- ABC Book: Glue yellow yarn on the Infant worksheet to make straw for baby Jesus.
• Color Activities:
Color Train - Add a white train to your Color Train by having the child paint with minimal water the white train. Display the train at the child's level to point and discuss the colors.
• Shape Activities:
Coffee-Filter Shapes - Using a washable black marker, draw a thick-lined rectangle on a coffee filter. Spray water on the filter which will cause the ink to bleed. Let dry.
- Sign "water" as you spray the water.
• Animal Activities:
- Using minimal water, water paint the Cat worksheet which allows the cat to remain white.
- Find pictures of cats in the books that you read.
- A cat says "meow" or "purr."
- Crawl pretending to be a cat.
• Sign Language:
This week's sign is "water." If your child refuses to do the sign, gently hold his hand and help him perform the sign as you say the word.
• Book of the Week Ideas:
- Count the kittens in the illustrations.
- If you know the song to this book, be sure to sing it with it your child.
- Make a sad face when the kittens are sad and smile with a happy face when the kittens are happy. For added learning, cut out a circle. Draw a happy face on one side and a sad face on the opposite side. Show the correct side as you read or sing the story.
• Fine Motor Skill:
This week demonstrate to the child how to roll the play dough into balls and snakes. Allow the child to play with both. (Leave the play dough toys for when she is older.) Click to see my favorite play dough recipe.
• Gross Motor Skill:
March around the room as you sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb." Encourage the child to lift his knees as he marches.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.