Our Terms and Conditions allow the below Lesson Plan and Worksheets to be used for immediate family use ONLY. Use beyond this is a violation.
Bible Symbol: People
Bible Story: Jesus Calls 12 Disciples
Scripture: Luke 5:1-11, 6:14-16
ABCJLM Interactive Bible Story
Bible Song: Fishers of Men (Traditional)
I will make you fishers of men, fishers of men, fishers of men (pretend to cast fishing pole)
I will make you fishers of men if you follow me (move hand over opposite shoulder)
If you follow me, if you follow me
I will make you fishers of men if you follow me
Read your Bible, pray every day, pray every day, pray every day (make book, prayer hands)
Read your Bible, pray every day, then you’ll grow, grow, grow (bend down and get taller)
Then you’ll grow, grow, grow, then you’ll grow, grow, grow
Read your Bible, pray every day, then you’ll grow, grow, grow
Character Scripture: Compassion
Colossians 3:12 (NIV) - Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Poem: Five Little Piggies (Traditional)
This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none,
And this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home.
Taking Care of Me: Where are my shoes?/Remove shoes
Sign Language: Mommy - Spread your fingers apart and with your thumb tap your chin
Book of the Week:
Three Little Pigs by Various Authors
Fine Motor Skill: Stack Blocks
Gross Motor Skill: Stop and Go
• Bible Story Activities:
- ABC Book: Glue purple tissue paper, to the People worksheet. Let dry and cut out. Glue to a piece of purple construction paper. Continue to add sheets to the child's ABC Book.
• Color Activities:
Handprint Wall - Add a purple handprint to your color wall by painting the child's hand and stamping it onto a piece of paper. Write the name of the color on the handprint. Display it at the child's level to point and discuss the colors.
• Shape Activities:
Play Dough Shapes - Roll purple play dough into snakes and lay on the Diamond worksheet to form a diamond. Allow the child to play with the diamond as you discuss the shape.
• Animal Activities:
- Vertical Surface Coloring or Painting - Children develop fine motor skills best when they work on a vertical surface. When holding a writing utensil or brush against a vertical surface, muscles in the wrist and hand are strengthened. These muscles are not used when writing on a horizontal surface. For this reason, place art projects on a vertical surface as much as is feasible. This week, paint the Pig worksheet with purple paint on a vertical surface.
- A pig says "oink."
- Find pictures of pigs in the books that you read.
- Crawl on the floor and oink like a pig.
• Taking Care of Me Activities:
For the next 14 weeks, the child will learn various articles of clothing and how to remove main pieces. Use these words as you dress and undress the child. This week focus on shoes. and removing shoes. You may need to unlace shoes or partially remove them to help the child be successful.
• Book of the Week Ideas:
- Point and count the pigs.
- Allow the child to turn the page when needed.
- When the pig tells the wolf "no," sign the word as you say it. (If the word is not included in your book, simply add it where appropriate.)
• Fine Motor Skill:
Stack five 1" blocks. Count the blocks as you or the child add them.
• Gross Motor Skill:
Stop and Go with Music - Continuing with obedience training, teach the child to stop and go with music. Use a CD or app to play music and while the music plays, dance or march. When the music stops, freeze. Use the words "stop" and "go" depending on whether the music is stopped or playing. The goal is for the child to immediately stop when the music stops.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.