Our Terms and Conditions allow the online Lesson Plan and Worksheets to be used for immediate family, home use ONLY. Thank you for your honesty.
Verse: Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Tune: Are You Sleeping
In the beginning, (2x)
God created (2x)
The heavens and the earth (2x)
Genesis 1:1 (2x)
Bible Song: Jesus Loves the Little Children (Traditional)
Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow, black and white
They are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world.
Poem: Little Bo Peep (Traditional)
Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep,
And can't tell where to find them;
Leave them alone, And they'll come home,
Wagging their tails behind them.
Colors: Red, Blue, Yellow
Information: First and Last Name
Self-care and Manners: Pick Up Toys
Book for the Week:
Moo, Baa, La La La! by Sandra Boynton
Fine Motor Skill: Blocks
Gross Motor Skill: Obstacle Course
- With a piece of construction paper as the background, add a picture of the child's pet(s). If the child does not have a pet, add pictures of animals that he/she would like to have as a pet someday. Add the number "6" to the page.
- Discuss how God made each animal with a different sound. "What does a dog say?"|
- Discuss proper care and needs of a pet: food, water, shelter, love
- Pretend to be different animals
- Play Pets On Act - Together play this computer game that asks the child to match the animal with the activity.
- Creation Fingerplay
On Day 1 (On numbers - put corresponding fingers in the air)
God created light (close fists and then quickly open in the air and bring down to side creating arches)
On Day 2
God created the sky (wave arms in the air) and water (make waves with hands)
On Day 3
God created land (with palms facing the floor, run hands flat in front of you) and plants (place one fist inside the other and pop the one fist through the other - sign language for plant)
On Day 4
God created the sun (hold arm up in the air with fingers spread wide), moon (with opposite arm make a "c" formation with your hand in the air), and stars (with index fingers putting up alternate right and left hand moving up in the air - sign language for stars)
On Day 5
God created the fish (swim hands with palms together) and birds (join thumbs and fly hands in the air)
On Day 6
God created animals (choose your favorite animal) and people (point with thumbs at self
- Gather a red ball, blue ball, and yellow ball. Sit facing each other with your legs spread and feet touching. Roll the balls one at a time and say the color of the ball as you roll it.
Roll play dough into "snakes" and place on the outline on the Square worksheet. Use colors red, yellow, and blue.
• Book of the Week:
- Let the child finish the silly sentences in this book.
• Fine Motor Skill:
Make train tracks out of wooden blocks as long as the child is tall, wind around the room, and travel through tunnels. Also make square train tracks.
• Gross Motor Skill:
Set up an obstacle course inside or outside. Include objects to jump over, climb through, and crawl over. This activity will prepare for the Memory Obstacle Course done several times throughout the ABCJLM curriculum.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.