Tactile Numbers and Letters: 0-12, Aa-Uu
Books: The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear, Duck on a Bike, Silly Sally, Little Blue Truck
Activities: Alphabet cereal, pieces of paper or flashcards with words written on them, markers or Sidewalk Chalk, soft ball, items to sort by color, shape, length, size, and weight, thirteen clothes pins, green and red markers
Math: SortingNumbers: 0-12
Fine Motor Skill: Draw What I Draw
Gross Motor Skill: Catch
• Review all objectives and books covered in the past weeks, and complete any activities that you were unable to finish.
- Sort short words by the beginning letter. Begin with two different consonants. Write short words that begin with the two chosen consonants on separate index cards. Have your child sort the words depending on the beginning letter. Add more consonants to increase the difficulty level.
- Clean out the toy box sorting toys into various piles by weight, size, or color.
Write individual numbers 0-12 on thirteen clothes pins. Have the child clip the numbers in order on a string or cardboard piece in order. ( Idea from Wow! I'm Reading ! )
Buy a box of Alphabet cereal and learn as you eat!
- Find the letters in the child’s name and put the letters in order.
- Play “I Spy.” Lay out several letters from the cereal and tell your child: I spy the letter “f”. I spy a letter that says /t/.
• Play Colorama to review colors and shapes.
• Fine Motor Skills:
Draw What I Draw - With sidewalk chalk outside or markers inside, have your child copy what you draw and then switch roles. Remember to start with simple lines and then progress to simple shapes.
• Gross Motor Skills:
Play catch with a soft ball, pillow, or stuffed animals.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The ABCJesusLovesMe Curriculum is a comprehensive, research-based toddler and preschool curriculum for ages 1-5, focusing on Bible, academics, and development. Each curriculum contains goals and objectives to gauge the child's learning and growth. Beyond the weekly lesson plans, ideas, and materials are provided to support parents and teachers along the way.
© 2017 ABC Jesus Loves Me • All Rights Reserved • Arkansas Design