Our Terms and Conditions allow the online Lesson Plan and Worksheets to be used for immediate family, home use ONLY. Thank you for your honesty.
Worksheets: Angel, Brown Worksheet, Star, Apple Tree #5, Bear,
Books: Bible, Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
Activities: Construction paper, water, containers, sponge, Memory Obstacle Course, apple stickers, brown colored food, paint, jumbo paintbrush, glue, glitter, jumbo crayons, scissors, fingerpaint
Verse: I John 4:8 - God is love.
Tune: Hot Cross Buns
God is love. (Point, cross hands over chest)
God is love.
1 John 4:8 (Form hands to hold a "book)
God is love.
Bible Song: Away in the Manger (Traditional)
Away in a manger (rock baby in your arms)
No crib for a bed (shake head "no")
The little Lord Jesus (point up)
Laid down His sweet head (place hands beside head to "sleep")
The stars in the sky (flick fingers in the air)
Looked down where He lay (place hand on forehead and "look")
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay (place hands beside head to "sleep")
Poem: Mary Had a Little Lamb (Traditional)
Mary had a little lamb
Little lamb, little lamb
Mary had a little lamb
Its fleece was white as snow
Information: Mom's Name
Self-care and Manners: Say "Excuse Me"
Book of the Week:
Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
Fine Motor Skill: Water Play
Gross Motor Skill: Memory Obstacle Course
- For next few weeks, the child will learn the stories of Christmas. Collect all of the activities and crafts to form a "Happy Birthday, Jesus" book. At the end of the study, a cover worksheet will be provided to bind the pages together.
- Color and cut out the Angel worksheet. Glue to a piece of construction paper. Outline the angel with glue and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry. Discuss how the angel told Mary and Joseph that baby Jesus was going to be born.
- Color one of the ABCJLM Brown Worksheets with a jumbo brown crayon.
- Eat brown food: Chocolate, brownies, hamburger, chicken, chocolate ice cream.
- Do a Color Walk: Walk around the house or neighborhood looking for the color brown.
- Color, paint, or draw on the Star worksheet with the color brown.
- Sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" while doing this craft.
- Do a Shape Walk: Walk around the house or neighborhood looking for stars.
This week use fingerpaint to decorate the Apple Tree Number #5 worksheet. Add five apple stickers. Continue to count items throughout the day.
• Self-Care and Manners:
Help the child remember to say "excuse me" when sneezing, making a loud noise, or needing to pass by. Saying "excuse me" shows respect for those around.
• Book of the Week:
- Allow the child to finish the end of the phrases and name the animals at the end of the book.
- Fingerpaint the Bear worksheet with brown paint or chocolate pudding.
• Fine Motor Skill:
Play with water, containers, and a sponge. Transfer water by filling a sponge with water and ringing it out into another container. Encourage the child to use both hands to ring out the water.
• Gross Motor Skill:
This week is the first of many Memory Obstacle Courses suggested in the ABCJLM Curriculum. View the video and read the information on a Memory Obstacle Course to understand the objective and set up. This week, add pictures of the animals (puzzle, flashcards) to the course that may have been in the stable when baby Jesus was born. To add another level of difficulty, ask the child to "Bring me the animal that says...".
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.