Read a list of suggested children's Bibles ...
The Jesus Book - Read the to help your child better understand how the Old Testament prophedied Jesus' birth and then who Jesus is and what He did on the earth. (This book is now only available in Kindle form.)
The Big Picture Story Bible - This children's Bible does an excellent job of showing God's hand in every detail of the Bible, His love for His people, and the reason for Jesus' life on earth. Read more ...
The "What's in the Bible?" DVD's are fantastic to explain what the Bible is and what each book of the Bible contains. "What’s in the Bible? is a DVD series from VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer designed to walk kids and families through the entire Bible." Click to read more of our thoughts on the "What's in the Bible?" DVD's...
- Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Two worksheets: Psalm 119:105 Visual Guide, Psalm 119:105 with Flashlight
- II Timothy 3:16a - All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.
All Scripture - the entire Bible
God-breathed - the words of God, not men
Useful - to be used
Teaching - teach us about God
Reproof - show us the truth
Correction - guide us away from our mistakes
Training in righteousness - teach us what is right
"God wrote the Bible (Scriptures) so that we would profit from it. The Bible gives us important facts and teachings (doctrine) we should know. It tells us when we are lving wrong (reproof). It shows us how to correct our way of living when it is wrong (correction). It teaches us the right way to life ([training] in righteouness)." (Lessons in Living by Herbert Epp.)
- B-I-B-L-E (Traditional)
The B-I-B-L-E (make book with hands)
Yes, that’s the book for me (nod “yes”)
I stand alone on the Word of God (pretend to stand firm)
What Does the Bible Say About God's Word?
As Christians, we believe that the Bible is God’s Word. And we know that God’s Word is the Bible. But does the Bible ever explain what God’s word is? One of my favorite answers to this question is found in 2 Timothy 3:16-17. It says, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." Click to take a closer look at this verse so that we can go deeper in our understanding of God’s Word.
- The Bible:
...is true, trustworthy, and forever and does not fail.
...contains 66 books. God used more than 40 men to write His message.
...is a very long letter written to us by God through men. It is exactly what God wanted written. He directed the men to write His message using their own words.
...shows us how to live in ways that make God happy.
...teaches us about God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit so that we know who God is.
...proves that Jesus is God's Son and shows us how we can be saved by believing in Jesus.
...teaches us how to love God and others and will help keep us from sin.
...is to be memorized and studied so that our minds are filled with God's Word.
"Jesus is the most important Person in the entire Word of God. He is the central figure of the whole Book. Before He was born, people looked for His coming. Today we look back at the cross, where He paid for our sins, and we also look forward to the time when all who are saved will be with Him forever (John 3:16; I Thes 4:16,17)."
( Some information from What Christians Believe by Melvin Jones )
- God's Promises to Me:
Ask the child to think of a promise from God. As a hint, tell the child "Noah's Ark." The rainbow was one of God's promises to His people to never again destroy all living creatures by a flood (Genesis 8:21). But this is just one of thousands of God's promises given to us in the Bible. Using the idea of the rainbow as a promise from God, hang clouds with Bible verses declaring other promises. The God's Promises printable is available with possible verses or create your own.
Directions: Paint or color the rainbow. Cut out the template and glue onto cardboard to make it sturdy. Punch holes into the base of the rainbow and tie different length strings. Cut out the clouds and punch holes in the top of each. Tie to the end of the strings on the rainbow. Glue cotton balls at the base of the rainbow to cover up the holes and string knots. Hang this craft in your child's room and pray these scripture promises with them each night.
- "Special Times with God" Book: Bible Silhouette - Cut out the Bible from the Black Book Poster. Tape the back of the Bible down in the middle of a white piece of construction paper. Using a sponge and black paint, cover the white sheet of paper. When finished carefully lift off the Bible. Let dry. Add the title "God Talks to Me Through the Bible."
- "Special Times with God" Book: Candle - Using the Candle Coloring Sheet, color and cut out the candle and flame. Paste onto a black piece of construction paper. Glue and glitter along the edges of the flame and create lines around the flame (as on the coloring sheet). Add the verse "God's Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalms 119:105"
- Hide God's Word Heart Craft: Cut out two hearts using the Hide God's Word Template. Punch holes around the sides and lace the sides together. Write Psalms 119:11 on the heart. Cut out one Bible. Write “God’s Word” on it. Hide the Bible in the heart. Add a string so the child can wear the heart around his/her neck.
- Candle Bobble Head: Print and cut out the candle from the Candle Coloring Sheet. Separate the candle and the light. Color or cut out on colored paper. Cover a toilet paper roll with white paper. Glue the candle to the roll. Fold a long black pipecleaner in half and stick it inside a toilet paper roll. Tape the light of the candle to one end. Fold the other end of the pipecleaner into the roll. When you wiggle the candle the light should "bobble." Use this craft while singing "This Little Light of Mine." Let the child blow the light during the verse "Don't let Satan blow it out...."
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.