Our Terms and Conditions allow the online Lesson Plan and Worksheets to be used for immediate family, home use ONLY. Thank you for your honesty.
Tactile Letter: e
Books: Bible, Big Thoughts for Little People, George and Martha
Videos: Veggie Tales: God Wants Me to Forgive Them?
Games: Pin the Tail on the Donkey
Worksheets: Lowercase "c" Characters, Paper Bag Lamb, Heart, The Lost Sheep, Teaching Emotions
Activities: Various items to smell and feel, Play Dough (Finger Jello or cookie dough), A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cutter Set, blindfold, Block Activity, lunch-sized paper bag, newspaper, blocks or toy gates, toy sheep, cotton balls, black pompoms, shaving cream, craft sticks, food coloring, paint, pipecleaner, glue, tiny sticks
Character Trait: Forgiveness
Objective: We all sin but God will forgive us if we ask.
Definition: Treating someone as though they never hurt you, not holding a grudge, not blaming them
Opposite: Bitter, getting even
Big Thoughts for Little People: Letter F
Bible Story: The Lost Sheep
Scripture: Luke 15:3-7
The New Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes: pg 306-307
The Beginner's Bible: pg 391-396
My Story Bible: pg 96-97
Through the Bible in Felt: Story #134
How many sheep did the shepherd have?
How many sheep left the herd?
How would it feel to be a lost sheep?
How did the shepherd feel when he realized a sheep was missing?
What did the shepherd do?
Why did the shepherd go to look for one sheep when he still had 99?
Jesus says that Heaven rejoices when one person asks God for forgiveness. Do you ever have to ask forgiveness?
Verse: Ephesians 4:32 (ESV) - Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Tune: Are You Sleeping? or Where is Thumbkin?
Be- kind-, to one another
Tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
as- God in Christ-, for-gave- you-.
Ephesians 4:32, Forgiving one another.
Bible Song: Fishers of Men (Traditional)
I will make you fishers of men, fishers of men, fishers of men (pretend to cast fishing pole)
I will make you fishers of men if you follow me (move hand over opposite shoulder)
If you follow me, if you follow me
I will make you fishers of men if you follow me
Hear Christ calling “Come unto me”, “Come unto me”, “Come unto me” (Listen to ear, move hand over opposite shoulder)
Hear Christ calling “Come unto me. I will give you rest” (put hands to ear and “sleep”)
"I will give you rest, I will give you rest"
Hear Christ calling “Come unto me. I will give you rest”
Read your Bible, pray every day, pray every day, pray every day (make book, prayer hands)
Read your Bible, pray every day, then you’ll grow, grow, grow (bend down and get taller)
Then you’ll grow, grow, grow, then you’ll grow, grow, grow
Read your Bible, pray every day, then you’ll grow, grow, grow
Neglect your Bible, forget to pray, forget to pray, forget to pray (make book, prayer hands and shake head ‘no’)
Neglect your Bible, forget to pray then you’ll shrink, shrink, shrink (stand tall and “shrink” down)
Then you’ll shrink, shrink, shrink, then you’ll shrink, shrink, shrink
Neglect your Bible, forget to pray, then you’ll shrink, shrink, shrink
(Sheet Music for Fishers of Men)
Books of the Bible: I, II Thessalonians and I, II Timothy and Titus
Math: 5 Senses – Sight & Smell
e - dash and little curve
Numbers: Continue to write numbers 0-5
Information: 12 Months of Year ( Author unknown )
Tune of: “Twelve Little Indians”
January, February, March, and April (put up one finger per month)
May, June, July, and August
September, October, November, December (close fist on "November" and "December")
These are the months of the year (clap, clap, clap, clap).
Book of the Week:
George and Martha by James Marshall
Fine Motor Skill: Cookie Cutters
Gross Motor Skill: Simon Says
Visual Perception Skill: Block Activity
• Character Trait:
- Gather black pompoms and the Heart worksheet. Discuss that sin is the bad choices we make. Sin is like black spots on our heart. Take turns naming a sin that we struggle with (lying, stealing, having a bad attitude, etc.) and place a black pom-pom on the heart representing each example. Once the heart is covered with sin discuss how God is unable to look upon our sin. We need to ask God's forgiveness to remove the "yuck" on our heart. Remove a pompom one at a time while saying, "God please forgive me for ____." Once the pompoms are gathered, discuss how God removes our sin, forgives us, and turns our heart white as snow (Ps. 51:7).
- View Veggie Tales: God Wants Me to Forgive Them?
- Paint The Lost Sheep worksheet. When dry, glue a pipecleaner on the staff, a thin cotton balls on the lamb, and tiny sticks on the bush.
- Cut out the pieces on the Paper Bag Lamb worksheet. Open up a lunch-sized paper bag and fill with newspaper. Fold over the end and tape to close. On the bottom of the sack, glue the lamb face. Glue the legs to the sides of the bag. Add a cotton ball tail on the folded top of the bag.
- Hide a toy sheep in the room. Set up a sheep pen with blocks or gates. Have the child look for the lamb and return it to the pen.
- Click to view more ABCJLM Lamb ideas...
- While blindfolded, have the child write his/her name and draw a picture. Use this activity to introduce the importance of the sense of sight. (Thank you to Betsy for this fabulous idea.)
- Talk with your child about the function of her eyes. Ask her to identify the job of her eyes. Explain that most people have eyes. Eyes are different colors and different shapes, but the function of the eyes is just the same.
- Seated on the floor, blindfold your child. Place four or five similar objects in front of him. Ask for a particular object. Allow the child to feel the objects. Discuss that some people cannot see, and that we should be thankful for our eyesight.
- Play Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- Discuss: What part of our body do we use to smell? Talk about the nose and the job it performs. Also discuss how animals use their noses to find food. ( Idea from Tripod )
- Using different items in your refrigerator, pantry, and bathroom, discuss the various smells using words like sour, sweet, etc. Have your child close her eyes or use a blindfold to guess the item that she smells. Example items: lemon juice, milk, applesauce, rubbing alcohol, mouthwash.
- Craft: Shaving Cream Art (Reprinted with permission)
Place a squirt of shaving cream on a plate. Spread it out. Add a few drops of food coloring. Using a popsicle stick, drag the color through the shaving cream to make a swirled design (not too much or the colors will simply mix). Place a piece of paper on top of the shaving cream and gently press. Peel up the paper and scrap the excess shaving cream off the paper with a popsicle stick. Let dry.
- Click for additional ABCJLM Five Senses Ideas...
- Week 20 focuses on the lowercase "c" character e. Start by creating the characters using play dough snakes or pipe cleaners for the bubbles and move to writing the characters on the Lowercase "c" Characters worksheet to show the progression of the letters and numbers.
- The letter "e" is a hard character to create because it is the only one with a horizontal line in the middle of the guidelines. Start by drawing the middle line by itself.
Help the child learn the 12 months of the year by singing the song to the tune of “Twelve Little Indians.”
• Book of the Week:
- Use this book and the Teaching Emotion worksheets to discuss how George and Martha feel.
- Have the child draw a picture of a friend and him doing their favorite activity. Help the child write a sentence about the drawing.
• Fine Motor Skills:
Using play dough, finger Jello, or cookie dough, make letter or number cut outs with ABC/123 cookie cutters or roll the dough into ropes and snake it into the correct shape.
• Gross Motor Skills:
Play "Simon Says" using different gross motor movements and activities.
• Visual Perception Skill:
This page may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.